2015/04/25

Long Overdue Update

So I see it’s been well over 18 months since I posted something on this here bloggy thingy. What can I say, life happens and facebook is so much easier to quick post random things in my life.

Kitty update: We got to keep Papago. Imagine an all black version of Grumpy Cat…. that’s Papago, short legs, chubby round body, and 1 huge attitude (that totally disappears when he is in the bathroom getting lovies from Choppy). This makes 7 kitties in our home.

GI Joe retired. He’s been playing the VA game for 9+ months now. It’s a pain in the butt but it is a necessary evil. The VA says he’s 100% permanently disabled. Part of that disability is his back and resulting CRPS. The last year has been one of EXTREME pain for him. Nerve block injections are helping for now.

It has been kind of strange watching GI Joe go from full time HooAh to fulltime parent. At first he was upset about all the free time he had on his hands. Then he took on chores and cooking. NOW he tries daily to do what I did and he apologizes to me for not getting it all done. ~crazy look~ Took me a long time to figure out that it can’t all be done in one day. Prioritize the chores sweetie, PRIORITIZE!

TallBoy and his little family are still in Germany. They added a baby boy to the mix almost 18 months ago. Xman is an adorable critter with an infectious *snortle* laugh. Diva Rawrrrr Z is going to be 4 this year. Both kiddos run their poor momma ragged, just like kids are supposed to do.  Hopefully the AF let’s them come back stateside for good, SOON!

My oldest daughter M’ers has moved across the country to NJ. We’re hoping that lots of good things happen for her out there.

My youngest daughter J-Bird moved out on her own. We fostered her big goofy dog for awhile.

Hootie is still Hootie. Sarcastic as ever and being a tween makes it more fun.

I’m still doing my volunteer manager thing. I’m still resisting the frequent urge to throat punch stupid people. Been dealing with my mother and her hoarding issues (she’s getting much better) and clearing out the house. Still haven’t given myself the chopstick lobotomy.

If you haven’t found me on facebook I’m over here: https://www.facebook.com/ChopstickLobotomy

No comments:

Post a Comment